How to Watch 2018 Indy 500 Live Online With VPN? The Indy 500 is set to start on Sunday May 27th, 2018 with the 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500. Given IndyCar’s growing popularity around the world, many streaming channels will broadcast the races around the world. In this guide, I will show you how to bypass regional restrictions to unblock these channels from anywhere using VPN or Smart DNS proxies. Eventually, you will be able to stream 2018 Indy 500 live on PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, FireStick, Xbox, or PS4.
2018 Indy 500 Streaming Channels
- WatchESPN (USA)
- SlingTV (USA)
- DirecTV Now (USA)
- PS Vue (USA)
- FuboTV (Free 7-day trial, USA) *Races on NBCSN only.
- NBC Sports (USA)
- BT Sport (UK)
- ESPN Player (International)
How to Watch 2018 Indy 500 Live with VPN
If you try watching 2018 Indy 500 on any of the American channels listed above while abroad, you will be presented with a geo-error that states that the channel is not available in your region/
So, how are American expats in Australia, Ireland, Canada, or UK supposed to watch the 2018 Indy 500 live online? Well, all you have to do is trick US Indy 500 streaming channels into thinking you are located in USA. One way of doing so is by using VPN. A virtual private network basically allows you to get a American IP address which then enables you to unblock any US streaming channels regardless of where you currently live. Follow these steps to unblock 2018 Indy 500 channels outside US.
- Firstly, sign up with a VPN service. Stay away from free VPNs like Hola as those can harm your online security and do not work properly in most cases.
- Now that you have created your VPN account, download and install the VPN app from the VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the United States.
- You now appear to be browsing the web using an American IP address.
- This approach allows you to unblock all US channels anywhere overseas including ESPN, NBCSN, Sling, PS Vue, and DirecTV Now.
Stream 2018 Indy 500 Free Live Online with Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS is another method you can use to bypass regional restrictions and unblock channels that are not available in your country. You do not get a new IP address in this case. Your traffic is only partially redirected and the channels you get to unblock solely depend on which Smart DNS proxy service you are using. Here’s how you can use Smart DNS to unblock 2018 Indy 500 streaming channels overseas and subsequently stream 2018 Indy 500 live online anywhere in the world.
- First, head over to Unlocator and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Afterwards, follow these videos/setup tutorial to configure Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Finally, go to the FuboTV website and sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Watch 2018 Indy 500 live online.
The reason why I have suggested using Unlocator in this case is because it’s the only Smart DNS proxy service that actually allowed me to unblock WatchESPN, FuboTV, SlingTV and NBC Sports abroad. Their free 7-day trial means you have nothing to lose when trying their service.
How to Watch 2018 Indy 500 Live Online With VPN ?
Hopefully, this guide has covered all aspects regarding how to stream the 2018 Indy 500 from anywhere in the world. Using VPN or Unlocator will allow you to bypass geographic restrictions imposed on all American sports channels overseas.